30 Aug-1 Sep 2012
Conference organizers are arranging special rates for participants in the EBHA-BHSJ meeting at a range of hotels. They are conveniently located near the conference venue. Here is the initial list. Reservations should be made directly with the hotel.
- “Citadines combines the convenience of a spacious room/apartment fully equipped kitchen to make Guests feel at home, and a large selection of flexible hotel services. The perfect location to experience and savour Parisian life, this Apart'hotel is situated in an area filled with little shops, markets, quiet streets and little gardens. The 3-star establishment offers you 80 conditioned apartments over 6 floors, including 55 two-person studios and 25 one-bedroom apartments for 3 to 4 people.”
> Citadines Montparnasse
-“Citadines combines the convenience of a spacious room/apartment with a fully equipped kitchen to make Guests feel at home, and a large selection of flexible hotel services. Considered one of the liveliest in the capital, the Montparnasse area boasts of numerous theatres and cafés-theatres, restaurants serving all types of exotic cuisines, cinemas (…) The 3-star establishment, which has a private indoor garden, offers you 67 apartments over 8 floors, including 62 studios for 2 people (of which 22 are connected) and 5 one-bedroom apartments for 4 people.”
> Ibis Maine Montparnasse
- The 3 star Ibis Maine Montparnasse hotel is conveniently located in the Montparnasse area, not far from metro and bus (metro station “Mouton Duvernet” on line 4 and Bus stop “ Château – Mairie du 14ème” on bus n° 58). Free internet access. A bar and 24/24 snacks are at your disposal. Journey to the Conference venue 20 minutes by public transport (10 by taxi).”
> Hotel Perreyve
- The 2 star Hotel Perreyve is conveniently located between Boulevard St-Germain and Montparnasse bordering the Luxembourg Gardens. Conference venue is within walking distance. Behind this elegant early 20th-c. façade, a charming hotel with a multilingual staff at your service 24h/24. Free WiFi access.
> Etap Hotel Porte d’Orléans Paris 14
- The 2 star Etap Hotel Porte d’Orléans is conveniently located in the 14eme district of south of Paris area, not far from metro and bus (metro station “Porte d’Orléans” on line 4 and Bus stop “Porte d’Orléans-Ernest Reyer” on bus n° 68). Free internet access.
> Cité internationale universitaire de Paris
An unparalleled site designed to provide accommodation and cultivate ties for students, researchers, artists and sportsmen at the highest level from more than 140 countries. Rooms in a magnificent setting located less than 20 minutes from the conference site by public transportation. Near by metro line 4 Porte d'Orléans, RER B Cité Universitaire, Tram line 3.
Priority will be given to students. A small number of residence halls have availabilities for short stays during the summer e.g…. Space is limited so please be sure to book early. Here follow details for two residences of the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris: the Fondation des États-Unis et Maison de l'Argentine. You can also try other residences on http://ciup.fr/en/
Fondation des Etats-Unis
- Located across from the Parc Montsouris in Paris’ 14th arrondissement, the Fondation des Etats-Unis is a private student residence and cultural center within the international community of the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris. All rooms are single, containing with a bed, desk, chair, closet, and sink. Rooms are on average 10 m2 (approximately 90 square feet), and overlook either the boulevard Jourdan or the interior garden. The price is 105€ for five nights (minimum number of nights) plus a 20€ deposit. For comfort rooms with shower and bathroom, the price is 175 € for five nights. Please note that the rate is subject to change.
Maison de l'Argentine
- Each room is equipped with high speed internet. Reservations start in the beginning of July. Single room with a sink: 45€/night (3 nights minimum), double: 60€/night